Homie, EU Homie, Street and Street+
schurrich

additional battery - upgrade

Post by schurrich » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:04 am

Hi Max,

is it true that my bike is on the way to europe? - frame no 0148, order 1033

I´ve an upgrade to 14.4 ah, but rhe additional battery habe only 10.8ah -
so i need a second charger - thats bad.

If the bike is not shipping can i have an upgrade for the additional battery to 14.4 aH?

thx and regards

Jobst
Bestellung und Upgrade.JPG
Bestellung und Upgrade.JPG (85.61 KiB) Viewed 2109 times

Max Shojaie

Re: additional battery - upgrade

Post by Max Shojaie » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:36 pm

As you know there are two options in this case. Either upgrading the second battery or getting a new charger. I'm sure our support team is already in contact with you regarding this. I will check with them and let you know.

steveting99

Post by steveting99 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:54 am

Max Shojaie wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:36 pm
As you know there are two options in this case. Either upgrading the second battery or getting a new charger. I'm sure our support team is already in contact with you regarding this. I will check with them and let you know.
Max,

Can you confirm that the 48V 14.4Ahr battery needs a specific and larger charger? The reason I ask is because Nicholas and I have different chargers. Nicholas has the larger charger for the 48V battery and mine is smaller capacity (42V DC output) for the 36V type.

Also will the larger charger be compatible with the smaller 36V batteries, i.e. 10.8Ahr, 9.0Ahr and 7.2Ahr?

There has been at least two reports for battery failure. Both failures occurred for the larger 48V capacity units. Not sure if it's battery or charger issue.

Max Shojaie

Post by Max Shojaie » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:52 am

We have different types of chargers, available in EU and US versions. All the 36V batteries have one charger and 48V has a different one. The larger one is not compatible with the smaller battery. You got a smaller one because you canceled your battery upgrade.

They need to contact us directly instead of posting on FB and we can find the reason. I really don't get their point. If they need support, they should contact us not ask the other customers what they need to do.

steveting99

Post by steveting99 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:58 am

Max Shojaie wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:52 am
We have different types of chargers, available in EU and US versions. All the 36V batteries have one charger and 48V has a different one. The larger one is not compatible with the smaller battery. You got a smaller one because you canceled your battery upgrade.

They need to contact us directly instead of posting on FB and we can find the reason. I really don't get their point. If they need support, they should contact us not ask the other customers what they need to do.
Max,

I've asked Tim Devaney's mum (believe her name is Sue) to contact Nireeka directly. Believe that Grax has posted on IGG and not sure if he's been in touch with you or the Nireeka support team about his failed 48V 14.4Ahr battery.

Regarding the different type of chargers for EU and US. Is this just a different pin to the power socket or the ratings of voltage and amps difference on the charger?

Thanks.

Auchentoshan

Post by Auchentoshan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:55 am

Hello all,

really? You need different chargers for different batteries? I do not understand. When you enter the upgrade section of the customer panel, you only can find one charger and the description says „compatible with all models“
I thought the very high prize of 65 USD for this part is caused by the fact that it is an universal charger? Usually such quick chargers only for one voltage cost around 25 USD! So, when I buy such an upgrade, do I get an universal charger compatible with all models?
The description also states that there are more infos in the FAQ but I could not find any informations there....

Thanks for clarification.

Max Shojaie

Post by Max Shojaie » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:06 pm

steveting99 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:58 am
Max Shojaie wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:52 am

Max,

I've asked Tim Devaney's mum (believe her name is Sue) to contact Nireeka directly. Believe that Grax has posted on IGG and not sure if he's been in touch with you or the Nireeka support team about his failed 48V 14.4Ahr battery.

Regarding the different type of chargers for EU and US. Is this just a different pin to the power socket or the ratings of voltage and amps difference on the charger?

Thanks.
We have received the videos from Tim but not from anyone else. We have a protective fuse inside the battery which if triggered, the battery will be dead until plug/unplugs that fuse.

Only the plug is different for different countries.

Max Shojaie

Post by Max Shojaie » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Auchentoshan wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:55 am
Hello all,

really? You need different chargers for different batteries? I do not understand. When you enter the upgrade section of the customer panel, you only can find one charger and the description says „compatible with all models“
I thought the very high prize of 65 USD for this part is caused by the fact that it is an universal charger? Usually such quick chargers only for one voltage cost around 25 USD! So, when I buy such an upgrade, do I get an universal charger compatible with all models?
The description also states that there are more infos in the FAQ but I could not find any informations there....

Thanks for clarification.
Can I have your order number, please?

schurrich

Post by schurrich » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi Max,

thx for your answer, but how can i upgrade the spare battery to 14.4AH and 48V ?

The status of the bike - order 1033 - ist shipping, or isn´t it? Then i have to order the second charger.

regards

Jobst

Max Shojaie

Post by Max Shojaie » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:50 am

schurrich wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:31 pm
Hi Max,

thx for your answer, but how can i upgrade the spare battery to 14.4AH and 48V ?

The status of the bike - order 1033 - ist shipping, or isn´t it? Then i have to order the second charger.

regards

Jobst
If we want to ship such a case, we will include a second charger and then ask the backer to get the perk. We never send the batteries without a compatible charger.

In your case, we added the second charger and your bike is shipped. So you need to get the Quick Charger perk.