steveting99

Re: New ECU sketches

Post by steveting99 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:01 pm

Max Shojaie wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:10 pm
steveting99 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:14 pm
Max,

As no one has asked these questions, think I will.

(Q1) Can you provide some clarification on why the ECU is now external rather than internal as per the original design?

(Q2) Can you provide a list of features on the external ECU? A table comparison between the 2G and 4G version would be nice.

(Q3) What are the benefits of having the ECU compared to just the motor controller and display? Any additional features that the ECU has?

(Q4) In another thread, you'd mention a timeline of 2 months before the ECU becomes available. So, we're looking at mid-June 2019. Is this date still on schedule?

(Q5) Any idea on the estimated cost of the new ECU? You had mentioned there's no additional cost for the 2G version. There would be an additional cost for the 4g version.

The above are high level questions, before diving into the details of the new ECU.

Thanks.
(A1) It's easier to install. It doesn't need antennas as before and the signal is stronger.

(A2) The features are the same. The only difference is 2G and 4G supporting. We like to have some more for 4G version but cannot promise now.

(A3) HB assist, radar, tracking. That's all you get with the ECU rather than display.

(A4) We hope so.

(A5) I have no idea yet.
Max,

Thanks for the reply. Now to dig into some details of the new ECU features.

In A3, you'd mentioned the following additional features on the ECU that's on top of the motor controller. These are:
(i) Heart Beat assist;
(ii) Radar; and
(iii) Tracking.

For item (i), believe this is one of the five PAS modes? If so, which mode does the motor controller have to be in order to activate the Heart Beat assist?

What external devices have been tested to work with the Heart Beat assist? Chest straps are more accurate in giving heart rate than wrist based devices. How does the Heart Beat assist work? Is the Heart Beat assist like the other PAS modes? I.e. ON/OFF up to a certain speed based on a heart rate that the external device gives? Or is there a gentle ramp up based on heart rate? Are there any parameter adjustments available to the backer for Heart Beat assist?

Believe the ECU is tied to the app via either iOS or Android. Would the app make adjustments to the motor controller easier and more intuitive or does the backer have to always go through the display to make adjustments to the motor controller?

Thanks.

Max Shojaie

Post by Max Shojaie » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:51 pm

Very good questions Stephen.

The Primary plan was using the PAS modes for HBA (Heartbeat assist) but it didn't worked properly and this is one of the reasons we didn't delivered the ECU. Our current plan is to use the throttle instaed.

It was a Chest one. To be more precise it's this one: http://global.igpsport.com/home/ProductInfo?ProId=34

Interacting with the app was the other reason. The new version works completly different. You'll see soon.

steveting99

Post by steveting99 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:57 am

^Max,

Is there a 6th PAS mode specifically for the Heart Beat assist on the motor controller via the ECU? The reason I say this, is because in another thread about current motor controller issues, a firmware is needed to correct for the five PAS modes to make it function properly.

I would also voice out that an internal ECU as per the original design should be retained. My backers (including myself) were a bit surprised on an external ECU. Since the ECU appears to have only three extra functions (Heart Beat assist, radar sensors and GPS tracking) over the motor controller, having an internal ECU makes a lot more sense.

Auchentoshan

Post by Auchentoshan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:29 am

Hello Nireeka,

any news about the ECU and how to install it at/in the bicycle?

thx

Max Shojaie

Post by Max Shojaie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Auchentoshan wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:29 am
Hello Nireeka,

any news about the ECU and how to install it at/in the bicycle?

thx
Please check the problem&solution section. We have some great news about it. Stay tuned!

Marco Moschet

Post by Marco Moschet » Sat May 04, 2019 10:12 am

Hello Gentlemen!

Any news about the development of the 2G and 4G ECU?

What will all the guys do, that have problems with the gear upgrade & chainring problem, will you send the chainring together with the 2G ECU & Co.?

I hope the C1EU will reach its destinations at the 5th of May. When will we get the Bikes tracking possibilities?

Regards
Marco

LewDan

Post by LewDan » Sat May 18, 2019 9:55 pm

Antitheft is important to me. External isn't totally unacceptable (though I don't want it) but it's my understanding USA 2G support ends next year. I don't mind paying a premium for 4G but it needs to be internal or hidden.