New ECU sketches

Let's talk about the smart features.
Max Shojaie

New ECU sketches

Post by Max Shojaie » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:49 pm

Hi dear backers!

As mentioned in the last update, to make it possible to have an external ECU, which is very straightforward to install on your bike even if you already received your bike, we designed a connector converter PCB. But the problem is the whole system with the previous PCB and this converter together will be too big in size. So we decided to design a completely new one which is half in size and also support 4G SIM cards. As a result, we can only use the PSU and the battery of the first design and we cannot reuse the original PCB which cost us more than 60K USD. That’s why it took a while to be finished. Currently, we’re in the prototyping stage.

Now, we will have a very compact external ECU in two versions; 2G and 4G. You can stick with the 2G one and get it for free as promised or upgrade it to 4G. We’ll keep you posted about the ETA.

We need to mention again that the bike will work perfectly fine without an external ECU thanks to the display.

This new ECU needs an enclosure and these are some primary sketches we've done for that. These sketches were designed for the first alternative design which was too big so the final design will be more compact. Please let us know what you think about them.
Attachments
ECU.jpg
ECU.jpg (221.77 KiB) Viewed 553 times

Manticore

Re: New ECU sketches

Post by Manticore » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:03 pm

Max:

What will the wiring look like? How many cables? Will the RF and Bluetooth antennas be within this unit?
I'm curious about the led displays and the purpose of the window.

Thanks for the update!

Manticore

Max Shojaie

Post by Max Shojaie » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:48 pm

It will be 3 cables coming from the controller, display, and radars. The GPS, GSM and Bluetooth antenna will be inside the unit so there would be no external antenna. We have 6 LEDs for diagnosing purposes.

Nicholas Raftopoulos

Post by Nicholas Raftopoulos » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:13 pm

Hi Max,

I am trying to picture where this will be positioned on the bike and how it will look as part of the bike? How big is it?

Dave Williams

Post by Dave Williams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:47 pm

Nicholas Raftopoulos wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:13 pm
Hi Max,

I am trying to picture where this will be positioned on the bike and how it will look as part of the bike? How big is it?
It looks like maybe it's coming down from the stem at the handlebars?? I am just guessing from the sketches.

So we will no longer have an option of the 2G inside the frame??? Please please give us that option. As usual your designs are very cool on their own. I just don't want to put that on the stem unless maybe it had a built in smart light with it so it doesn't look out of place.

Berny

Post by Berny » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:54 am

Thanks for the update! :D

I read somewhere that the heart rate assist is no longer a thing. Can this be confirmed please?

h_ko

Post by h_ko » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:59 am

It cool design!
Is it possible to adjust the angle of the headlights?

Max Shojaie

Post by Max Shojaie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:58 am

Guys, don't panic. It's not that big. These are just primary sketches. The size would be as this render:
Attachments
external-ecu-01.jpg
external-ecu-01.jpg (82.94 KiB) Viewed 421 times

Max Shojaie

Post by Max Shojaie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:58 am

h_ko wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:59 am
It cool design!
Is it possible to adjust the angle of the headlights?
They are no headlights. There might be daylight but we're not sure about it yet.

Max Shojaie

Post by Max Shojaie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:59 am

Berny wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:54 am
Thanks for the update! :D

I read somewhere that the heart rate assist is no longer a thing. Can this be confirmed please?
The ECU is responsible for that so after getting the ECU you can enjoy this feature.