All the issues have been addressed!

Max Shojaie

All the issues have been addressed!

Post by Max Shojaie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:46 pm

Hello guys!

This will be our upcoming update but I like to share with your first here.

PAS&Controller:
Some backers reported the issue as following. No matter how much your max speed is, PAS 1 always goes up to 25kph. The problem is, the controller is programmed this way and this is not a fault or failure at all, BUT we asked the manufacturer to update the firmware and re-program this section.

Old controller:
PAS1: 50%
PAS2: 60%
PAS3: 75%
PAS4: 85%
PAS5: 100%

These percentages apply to the actual max speed of the motor which is 45kph for the 500w motor and no matter what max speed you set in the setting, it's still the same. So for PAS 1, 50% means 22.5-25kph.

Updated controller:
PAS1: 40%
PAS2: 55%
PAS3: 70%

These percentages apply to the max speed you set in the setting so if your max speed is 25kph, PAS 1 would be 40% of that and means 10kph.

We need to test the controller a little more for reliability and durability. We're pretty satisfied with our current one and we haven't had any failure report so far, and we want the same for the new one.

Chain dropping:
It's been reported by some backer mostly with the gear upgrade. We tested some wide-range chainrings and we believe we found the compatible one. If you have this issue, we will send you the new chainring to be replaced with yours.

Fork and damages!
We designed and made a protective part which will be installed on the frame to avoid any more damages. It will be announced soon. Opening a new mold and making 2000pcs took a while.

Torque sensor
In order for having the torque sensor, we needed to have a compatible controller. Our current controller manufacturer, removed this feature because they wanted to fit everything we needed in one tiny box. The reason is our controller is compatible with all the motors at the same time and the reason for that was the "extra wheel" perk. The backers with this perk are able to swap their wheels easily without doing any surgery operation on the bike; only swap the wheels and connect the Higo connector. That's all.

The other problem was, we don't have any hole on the BB cylinder (mounting point) so using a regular torque sensor is not an option and we needed to find a side-wiring one instead. This way, even if you already received your bike, you can install the torque sensor easily.

with this in mind, We will send a controller and a torque sensor for anyone interested in this feature. I personally don't enjoy it, but some people do. :)

And finally, the ECU:
The only thing I can say for now is, we have a surprise for you. We re-designed and re-engineered the ECU (Of course with all the extra costs!). Now, we have a completely new 4G ECU equipped with some sweet features. Stay tuned!

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Auchentoshan

Re: All the issues have been addressed!

Post by Auchentoshan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:14 pm

Dear team at Nireeka, dear Max,

thanks for this info.

1.) What is not clear for me is if the ECU will be installed inside or outside the frame. I have seen there is a poll about this and the result is very clear
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5c ... 77b1969142#

All comments I have seen say the same!

2.) Will there still be 2 versions (2G & 4G)?

3.) you say you will send a controller / torque sensor to people interested in. How much will this cost?

4.) will these two add-ons (ECU & controller/torque) raise the prize when ordering a bike now?

5.) I just was at your shop on the webpage. It leads to indiegogo but without an option to buy a bike.... when will your online shop be working?

6.) Somewhere I have read that you are now emptying your storage for new products. Will you continue to produce this model?

Thank you, have a good day

Max Shojaie

Post by Max Shojaie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:44 pm

1) That wouldn't be disappointing. I promise. ;)

2) Yes. the 2G version is for free, as promised. the 4G one is an upgrade.

3) Controller for free. It was our fault. The torque sensor is an upgrade. We let you know about the details.

4) Yes.

5) Please send an email to [email protected].

6) Sure. We love the current model. The new bike is not a successor. It's in a different section of the market.

Auchentoshan

Post by Auchentoshan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:18 am

Hello Max,

thank you for these answers.....

1b) No answer also is an answer.... ;) Reading between the lines I would say: it will be outside but maybe on another position as discussed in the Smart thread (stem)

2b + 3b + 4b) so you will have a „normal“ version in your shop (2G, no torque) and a „luxury“ version (4G, torque sensor)? Or will all new bike have the torque and 4G and cost more than the 2.999,- recently listed in your shop page. Does this prize include VAT&duties?

5b) Will do so when I see clear! :D

6b) great, that‘s soothing

thank you

steveting99

Post by steveting99 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:14 am

Max Shojaie wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:46 pm
Hello guys!

This will be our upcoming update but I like to share with your first here.

PAS&Controller:
Some backers reported the issue as following. No matter how much your max speed is, PAS 1 always goes up to 25kph. The problem is, the controller is programmed this way and this is not a fault or failure at all, BUT we asked the manufacturer to update the firmware and re-program this section.

Old controller:
PAS1: 50%
PAS2: 60%
PAS3: 75%

These percentages apply to the actual max speed of the motor which is 45kph for the 500w motor and no matter what max speed you set in the setting, it's still the same. So for PAS 1, 50% means 22.5-25kph.

Updated controller:
PAS1: 40%
PAS2: 55%
PAS3: 70%

These percentages apply to the max speed you set in the setting so if your max speed is 25kph, PAS 1 would be 40% of that and means 10kph.

We need to test the controller a little more for reliability and durability. We're pretty satisfied with our current one and we haven't had any failure report so far, and we want the same for the new one.
Max,
Will the PAS levels be adjustable by the user?
Max Shojaie wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:46 pm

Torque sensor
In order for having the torque sensor, we needed to have a compatible controller. Our current controller manufacturer, removed this feature because they wanted to fit everything we needed in one tiny box. The reason is our controller is compatible with all the motors at the same time and the reason for that was the "extra wheel" perk. The backers with this perk are able to swap their wheels easily without doing any surgery operation on the bike; only swap the wheels and connect the Higo connector. That's all.

The other problem was, we don't have any hole on the BB cylinder (mounting point) so using a regular torque sensor is not an option and we needed to find a side-wiring one instead. This way, even if you already received your bike, you can install the torque sensor easily.

with this in mind, We will send a controller and a torque sensor for anyone interested in this feature. I personally don't enjoy it, but some people do. :)
Can you advise where the torque sensor is going to be placed and how the wiring will be accomplished? Will the wiring be internal or external?

How fast will the torque sensor respond compared to the cadence sensor?

Will there be various assist levels with the torque sensor? How many? As many as the cadence sensor? Will the assist level be based on percentage of force applied to the pedal to make it feel more natural?

Thanks.

Max Shojaie

Post by Max Shojaie » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:30 am

Auchentoshan wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:18 am
Hello Max,

thank you for these answers.....

1b) No answer also is an answer.... ;) Reading between the lines I would say: it will be outside but maybe on another position as discussed in the Smart thread (stem)

2b + 3b + 4b) so you will have a „normal“ version in your shop (2G, no torque) and a „luxury“ version (4G, torque sensor)? Or will all new bike have the torque and 4G and cost more than the 2.999,- recently listed in your shop page. Does this prize include VAT&duties?

5b) Will do so when I see clear! :D

6b) great, that‘s soothing

thank you
1) Somehow.

2+3+4) Torque sensor is independent to ECU. The bikes with $2,999 price tag have torque sensor, 4G ECU, free shipping.

Max Shojaie

Post by Max Shojaie » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:34 am

steveting99 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:14 am
Max,
Will the PAS levels be adjustable by the user?
The PAS level, Yes. The percentage No.
steveting99 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:14 am
Can you advise where the torque sensor is going to be placed and how the wiring will be accomplished? Will the wiring be internal or external?

How fast will the torque sensor respond compared to the cadence sensor?

Will there be various assist levels with the torque sensor? How many? As many as the cadence sensor? Will the assist level be based on percentage of force applied to the pedal to make it feel more natural?

Thanks.
You can see the cadence sensor installed on your bike. The torque sensor wiring is exactly the same.

It's a little faster. You can only recognize if you experienced both. With the torque sensor, the percentage is a variable of the force applied to the pedal.

Auchentoshan

Post by Auchentoshan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:05 pm

Max Shojaie wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:30 am

1) Somehow. :lol:

2+3+4) Torque sensor is independent to ECU. The bikes with $2,999 price tag have torque sensor, 4G ECU, free shipping.

ok, that‘s fair, but no taxes, right? And I suppose it will be standard version, so airfork, gear and battery upgrade have to be paid seperately, correct? The prizes for those will stay the same as seen in indiegogo?

thanks and sorry for many questions ;)

dionne

Post by dionne » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:41 pm

Max, so the bikes that still have to be assembled will have these issues addressed? For example, the new chainring will be installed, the frame protector will be installed and the revised ecu/ controller on the bike before it ships to us? Please confirm. thanks

andybuchan

Post by andybuchan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:34 pm

Thanks for working so hard on getting this sorted Max. Will soon have EU Homie so important to me that you care enough to come up with good solution etc. Regards. Andy