Since Feb 22, 2020

Stats

Threads: 1
Replies: 6

Sep 15, 2020

Todd, Plugging the charger wakes the battery up.
Yeah. It still touches the guard and I have to push the guard out of the way (essentially bending it out of position) to remove the battery. I haven't tried it yet, but if connecting the charger to the battery for a bit (I assume about 5 minutes) without taking the battery out works, I can survive with that. It's just that I think <a href="/forum/profiles/Yuteng">@Yuteng</a> mentioned he tried that and it didn't work for him.

Sep 14, 2020

Todd replied to "Nireeka Prime"
The Prime in New Zealand... I assume the only one... for now...
Todd replied to "Nireeka Prime"
Interesting - my photo was showing a minute ago and seems to have disappeared!?
Todd replied to "XT Upgrade Mismatch"
Thanks. All tests done at PAS 0 or PAS 1. I'll report back what the bike shop indicates.
Todd published XT Upgrade Mismatch
I built my Prime with the assistance of two contacts that are very experienced with bikes. Firstly, when going through all the gear changes, the chain slipped down the back of the largest cog causing a bad jam, which we needed to clear. It was like the gear changer thought there was another gear available on the bike. Once the jam was cleared (needed to break the chain and remove the rear wheel) they adjusted the 'Derailleur Stop' (something like that) and now this doesn't occur. Secondly, there is a bit of grinding and/or cog slippage somewhere in the middle gears. One of the guys has come across this before and it's usually due to some sort of "mismatch" with the equipment - the Derailleur isn't right for the cogs or the chain is the wrong thickness and/or length for the setup. Once I've done 20 or 30 km's on the bike, I will take it to a bike shop for review and remedy, I'll advise what the outcome is.
I just watched the video posted by <a href="/forum/profiles/Yuteng">@Yuteng</a> - this is exactly my experience. Just a nightmare.
Agreed, with the comments made by <a href="/forum/profiles/Yuteng"><a href="/forum/profiles/Yuteng">@Yuteng</a></a> . This is a hassle and frankly a design flaw in the bike. I haven't tried it yet, but if plugging in the charger and running for a bit is supposed to do the same thing, that isn't so bad. But having to pull the battery out - which is not as easy as the Nireeka team say it is - is VERY annoying. I'm not sure how long I will be keeping my Prime, based on this alone.