Since Jun 9, 2020

Stats

Threads: 3
Replies: 12

Nov 23, 2021

Michael published Taking the Prime kickstand off
Does anyone know how to remove the prime kickstand. It rattles too much and I would like to take it off but don't know how.

May 7, 2021

Michael replied to "Rims option"
Good point Kevin and good luck.

Mar 24, 2021

...I guess they're busy designing bags and helmets :-(

Mar 23, 2021

Does that mean that everyone that have the first set of bikes will be getting the new hanger and cassette shipped to us?

Mar 22, 2021

Liviu, did you try the extender first? Did the new cassette fix the issue of skipping gears and chain coming off?

Feb 4, 2021

You are basically (ignoring the issue). This problem, is a problem experienced by several other owners of the Prime. The problem is the existing gear hanger does not allow the derailleur cage to get close enough to the top gear. The solution suggested (a gear extender) actually takes the chain further away from the sprockets and hence will not work. I posted you a report from a bicycle engineer (frame builder and mechanic/ former downhill team MTB professional mechanic). The gears are always going to skip unless you redesign the existing gear hanger on the Prime to bring the cage near to the top gear sprocket. Consequently this is why the bicycle as supplied is not fit for purpose (and is a death trap). Today my chain shipped and wrapped itself around the crank arm and I ended up in a hedge and had to walk home 2 miles as the chain would no longer ride on the sprockets. I could have been killed. This is the 2nd time this has happened. The first chain snapped in half after shipping and jamming around crank arm when only moving off from a standing start at 5 miles an hour. You referred me to your terms and conditions for a refund. I think you say 'You must notify us within 48 hours of the problem/ want to return bike and that bike must be returned unused within 7 days' Clearly this is absurd as you would not find out about the problem unless you used the bike and it has only (through input of a professional bicycle engineer) identified the problem. The solution is to redesign the existing gear hanger, such the gear arm and chain is brought in to alignment with the top gear (IE: as close as it can with the ten speed cassette). Consequently, Nireeka's omission to acknowledge that the bicycle should not have been brought to market without rectifying this issue in the design process, shows the bicycle was NOT properly (thoroughly) tested to root out this issue. However my professional engineer, says that the problem is blindingly obvious for a cycle engineering professional, if they take a look at where the chain and gear arm is. It's obvious the existing hanger is hanging away from the sprockets. I have taken pictures of my mangled chain following my being thrown in to a bush today. Seeing as you are not acknowledging the problem of the gears, which I have provided you with evidence in the form of a professional cycle engineer's report. Plus also you are also ignoring me on the dangerous nature of the supplied air forks. The inherently dangerous air shock forks (which have zero rebound control and are essentially a pogo stick) which will bottom and rebound with equal force to impact, making the bike a death trap on two fronts. These problems have only become apparent through using the Prime. Consequently, as a customer I would not have found out these problems unless I had used the bike extensively. I thought initially that these were learning issues on my part in the process of bonding with the bike, but sadly these are intractable problems, that should have been resolved in the development process prior to bringing the bike to market. Also their is the motor cut out issue which I experienced on 2 occasions, when bike had 37 and 40% power in the battery respectively, again a problem other customers are also having. I am deeply unhappy with your treatment of me as a customer and I am particularly aghast at having funded the development of the Prime. As a funder I expect my funds produce a product that is fit for purpose. Clearly the Prime (as is) is NOT fit for purpose. I again ask that you fully refund me my money and arrange for collection and shipping of the bike back to you in USA or China.

Jan 21, 2021

I guess Nireeka is not responding on here?
Same thing happening to me. More and more often too. I just ordered the extender so I will see if this helps

Dec 1, 2020

Michael replied to "WIP#2: The fork"
yes, the extra money spent on this fork was not worth it. Any discount would be appreciated.

Nov 13, 2020

I agree , Nireeka , you need to communicate progress, credibility is lost after promising and never materializing. We have many built in options on our Homie and none are being used because of non existent NSD, give us a real date and stop showing pictures
Nireeka , you need to communicate progress, credibility is lost after promising and never materializing. We have many built in options on our Homie and none are being used because of non existent NSD, give us a real date and stop showing pictures
Nireeka dont get back to the old days were your communicating with your customers were really bad stay on track and publish an update on the NSD production process. Thanks

Oct 26, 2020

Michael published Bike Lock
Does anyone have any advice on a good bike lock for the Prime? I am not sure what will fit and what really works.

Oct 23, 2020

Michael replied to "Prime "L" Frame Size"
When I first ordered my prime 17.5 was all that was available. At the time I was told it was big enough for someone 6’9”. Now it looks like it is only for up to 6’1”. What changed? I am 6’3” and the larger frame would have been nice. Love my bike though just curious.

Oct 5, 2020

Michael replied to "Riding Tips #1"
I didn't get any message either. Does this basically mean that if you are pedaling you shouldn't use the throttle at all? If you don't have the pedal assist on then the throttle doesn't work. Is that correct?

Sep 22, 2020

Michael replied to "Nireeka Ebike Gallery"
Just FYI, I got the air suspension. It is great but mine was set really low when I got it. First ride bottomed out one or twice. Check the air
It really is amazing. No directions in box! Make sure you look online. The front mudguard makes it difficult to take battery on and off. Seems to have plenty of power and looks great!

Sep 21, 2020

Michael published Headlights?
Were headlights an option I missed?
I also upgraded the to the air suspension and your turning is impacted. Doubt if i will ever turn that sharp but it makes it getting out of the garage more difficult. I also had the mud guards and the front mud guard made it harder to get the battery on/off. I finally just took the front mud guard off because it was such a hassle.

Sep 19, 2020

Finally got it!