Since Jul 30, 2020

Stats

Threads: 7
Replies: 15

Oct 27, 2020

Yes Rodney that's why I'm thinking of selling my bike because I don't want to deal with all that waiting and also I a moped style bike and a other one coming late November called the onyx RCR witch is what I really wanted but in all honesty I love the Nireeka bike style I just hope it comes out a good lasting ebike. Good luck Brother.
Rolando good luck man because customer support is ok but shipping is a long wait. I like the bike but going to sell it after a month because I really don't want to deal with that waiting game lol. I'll definitely pray for you brother.

Oct 20, 2020

Hi everyone I have a 1 month old awesome new upgraded Nikeera homie that I bought for $2'227 but unfortunately I'm selling it for $1'500 because I have no space and also bought 2 electric moped. I prefer to sell it in NY because I'm not paying for shipping, sorry. If anyone interested plz email at Rafyelgringo@live.com thanks.
Rafael replied to "Yess!! Finally."
Walter I ordered the bike August 20ish and got it September 25 but the charger was bad but they sent me a replacement charger. The bike is awesome but unfortunately I have to sell it because I bought 2 other electric moped and don't have enough room at my house. I paid $2,227 for the homie because I upgraded the motor to 500w and the battery and torque sensor. I'm looking to get $1'500 it has 77 miles on it and I prefer selling it in NY because I don't know how to ship and if I ship it I'm not paying because I'm already losing $727 dollars. if you know anyone interested let me know thanks.

Oct 17, 2020

Thank you Nireeka!! I finally got my charger today and you were right, it was the charger. my battery changed right away but I couldn't ride NY streets because streets were too wet. Tomorrow I'll ride first thing and finally enjoy the bike and fortunately before the snow lol. Thanks for the help. The ticket system works.
Rafael published Yess!! Finally.
Thank you Nireeka!! I finally got my charger today and you were right, it was the charger. my battery changed right away but I couldn't ride NY streets because streets were too wet. Tomorrow I'll ride first thing and finally enjoy the bike and fortunately before the snow lol. Thanks for the help. The ticket system works.

Oct 13, 2020

Damn !! I hope I get mine soon its bin almost 2 weeks. lol
Cool Dave!! At least you can enjoy your bike now. I hope when ever I receive my replacement charger I can ride.

Oct 10, 2020

WOW!! The only thing I recommend is to open a ticket and deal with that process witch is not fun. Im Sorry that is happening to your new bike and I'm in a similar situation but with the charger and I'm waiting on a replacement charger for 1 week and I haven't ride since September 29 but I have a strong feeling it's the battery. I will see when ever I receive the charger and if I'm right about the battery I don't think I'll be riding the bike before it snows. so sorry and good luck my friend.

Oct 8, 2020

Rafael replied to "I was totally wrong!!"
WOW!! So that means the wait will be for ever. I just don't understand why they give me dates and they don't even know really when it will be shipped. SMDH. Thanks Dave.

Oct 7, 2020

Guys come on!! I got my bike on 9/25/20 but as soon as my battery died I couldn't charge because the charger apparently came defective and I opened a ticket witch they had me sending them a pic with a multimeter so they can know what's the problem. after a week of that they said that on October 5 they were going to ship me a charger replacement and that I'll receive a email with the tracking number but still no email on October 7. plz don't give dates if you're not sure because its frustrating not knowing when I can expect a delivery and having a nice new bike witch I can't fully enjoy. I really hope when ever I receive the charger that the problem gets resolved and that it's not the battery because I'll be so disappointed. plz Nireeka send me the charger I'll pay for it and the Express shipping plz. Thanks.

Oct 6, 2020

Thanks Charles.

Oct 2, 2020

Ok thanks dino. Much appreciated.

Oct 1, 2020

Hi guys!! my wife pointed out to me that the front fork air nobs were different to each other. Does anyone knows if that's normal and the way it comes? And does the homie comes with a kickstand? Plz let me know if anyone knows so I can open another ticket. thanks.

Sep 29, 2020

Rafael replied to "I was totally wrong!!"
Thank you chris I'll check when I get off work. much appreciated.
I just got my Nireeka homie this past Friday and was a bit frustrated and confused. Not knowing exactly what I bought. I used it over the weekend on and off and now I'm in love with the bike. The support bin good. I still have some concerns about the motor and battery because I don't know how to tell if it's a 500w motor and a upgraded battery. Hopefully someone can help me. Unfortunately I have a bad charger it seems. I just sent suport a multimeter test pic on the charger and hopefully they find out what's the problem so I can get a replacement. I truly can't wait to ride it to work. The bike is Hot!! I'm slowly learning more about the bike to make a full review. I sincerely apologize for the way I came out in some earlier post. Thanks for making such of a awesome bike.
Rafael published I was totally wrong!!
I just got my Nireeka homie this past Friday and was a bit frustrated and confused. Not knowing exactly what I bought. I used it over the weekend on and off and now I'm in love with the bike. The support bin good. I still have some concerns about the motor and battery because I don't know how to tell if it's a 500w motor and a upgraded battery. Hopefully someone can help me. Unfortunately I have a bad charger it seems. I just sent suport a multimeter test pic on the charger and hopefully they find out what's the problem so I can get a replacement. I truly can't wait to ride it to work. The bike is Hot!! I'm slowly learning more about the bike to make a full review. I sincerely apologize for the way I came out in some earlier post. Thanks for making such of a awesome bike.

Sep 28, 2020

Rafael replied to "Multimeter"
Thanks Younes, much appreciated.

Sep 27, 2020

Rafael published Multimeter
Hi I just bought a multimeter because support needs a pic to know what's wrong with my charger that is not charging but I don't know witch settings the multimeter I have to set it? Can someone help me out. thanks much appreciated.

Sep 26, 2020

Rafael published Bike settings
I just got my bike but for some reason when I use the throttle it feels that it cuts of and feels super slow only getting 23mph how I know it has a 500w motor which I upgraded and how can I go to advance settings to make it faster I got the regular mph monitor. So far I'm so disappointed with the speed and probably going to sell it.

Sep 14, 2020

WOW!! I would have canceled my order. My hat off to you sir.

Sep 2, 2020

OMG!! I hope I'm one of the lucky ones because I ordered on August 8 2020 and its already shipped out and on a vessel and set to arrive on September 26 according to the tracking number. WOW!! I really hope your problems get resolved and I hope I'm not getting lied to.

Aug 30, 2020

Rafael replied to "No Answers - No Support"
WOW!! This makes me think about returning my bike when I get it.🤔
Rafael replied to "To move to refund process"
WOW!! That's awful and really sux. I hope you get your refund back ASAP. Now I'm worried, because it says shipped and hope my bike is really on the vessel like the tracking says. I just purchased the bike on August 8, 2020 and says I'll get it on September 26,2020 according to the tracking info. I wish you luck and hope you get your refund back ASAP.