Since Sep 26, 2020

Stats

Threads: 3
Replies: 8

Mar 1, 2021

Folks, has anyone had a problem where the upgraded carbon seat post fits impossibly tight in a Homie bike to the point that it isn't possible to lower the bike seat to the rider's preference? My Homie's mechanical setup has otherwise gone well, but the poor seat post fit was a big disappointment. It's as if the carbon post is too wide for the hole in the frame.
I haven't been able to test the electric aspects until I get the mechanics properly setup. Giving the bike to my girlfriend as it is would be terribly unsafe.
Thank you for any input you can provide.
rommel

Feb 18, 2021

Rommel replied to "Tracking Number"
I'm in the US and things are fairly delayed here too. My bike supposedly cleared customs on January 28th but there has been no movement whatsoever. I'll give it another 2 weeks before I start emailing the local carrier for status.

Feb 13, 2021

With regards to a used market for these bikes there aren’t that many out there compared to larger brands. I’ve seen 2 for sale, 1 homie and 1 prime (due to circumstances). The company is on its 3rd generation now and has some very unique and beautiful bikes. The majority of the components are higher end off the shelf parts from reputable companies and just about everything but the frame can be purchased locally or online if needed. There have been a few issues but they seem to be easy fixes or replacements. The biggest issue is shipping delays due to COVID and supply chain form China, everything’s a mess now. Like I said before I’m really happy with my bike, I had a couple problems myself like the wrong seat post and pedals sent but I submitted a ticket and they air shipped the parts to me quickly. I also have the derailleur problem but it seems to be a 5$ part to fix it and Nireeka has been very good with responding to my messages and tickets.
Bummer to hear that folks have to wait so long to get their bike. It looks like such a beautiful design but looks mean nothing if the bike doesn't meet expectations or remains stuck in a warehouse.
I'm in North America, so it'd be quite a bike ride if I wanted to join you. I wish you all the best and hope that you receive and enjoy your bikes soon.
@michael-hankel, if you don't mind sharing, what part of the world are you in -- Asia, Europe, the Americas..? thanks.

Feb 9, 2021

Guys, the shipping timeline on the Nireeka site may tell you that it's a FedEx delivery but it may not be. The tracking number I got was for UPS. If you click on the Nireeka site link, it may take you to FedEx and you'll get nothing, but that would make sense if you got a UPS tracking number. Just check the UPS site.

Feb 2, 2021

@chris-bailey, thank you and/or Nireeka so much for the tracking number. My lady is really excited about getting her new ebike!
Thank you, @yvo-boudenoodt. This is my very first ebike, so Nireeka represents a good value for an entry-level purchase. At the time that I ordered it, I couldn't find anything in the price range that looked as good as the Homie. And truth be told, I bought it for my girlfriend so that she can go cycling with me. I have a Trek bike. I just wanted something that could assist her so that she'd agree to join me on the trail.
Thank you, @steve. I'll keep an eye out for the issues you mentioned.
Hi Rommel, I have a Gen1 Homey and still happy about it. You need, like with any other bicycle, love doing a bit of mechanical work to have it properly setup and keept it rollin ... However after all ... a good bike for its price ! HTH & Br, Yvo
There were two issues. 1. Battery auto-off: You needed to remove the battery and turn it on manually if you didn't use it for more than 10-12 hours. SOLUTION: We re-programmed the battery BMS so there is no auto-off function anymore. 2. Derailleur alignment: The bikes with the 11S Sunrace cassette had a problem with covering all the gears especially lower gears. SOLUTION: We added a derailleur extender and replaced the sunrace cassette with Shimano XT.
Don’t expect to be able to pedal after level 4 out of 9 on the homie , the front sprocket is too small and that will totally limit your over all cadence , the radar does not work and the display has not been upgraded because Nireeka will not ever respond , so you have a bike that has half the technology that that promote. I would have not purchased this bike from Nireeka if I knew they turned out to have such terrible after sale customer service , so my clear answer is am not happy at all !

Jan 31, 2021

Hi Rommel, there are 3 Homie generations. Yours is Gen3 so to be more specific you need to ask the Gen3 owners.
@chris-bailey , thank you for the prompt feedback, sir.
Homie Gen3 owners, are you happy with your bike so far? I'm about to receive mine, so I'd appreciate a heads-up about potential adjustments that I may need to make or issues with the Gen3 Homie.
Thank you!
Just asking because there seem to be so many problems with the Prime. My Homie got shipped out and has been progressing steadily through the various shipping stages. I think that's just an automated board, so I'm not putting much stock on it.
Thanks for any Homie feedback you can provide.
Chris, May I say that that is hardly an answer, I placed my order 3 years ago - but for various reason which Max and the owners are aware of, I have not complained about any of the delays. However, I was told the NSW would be ready at the end of last year or early this year. I believe that you owe your supporters a little bit more of a complete and interesting answer than the drivel you posted above. That is not worthy of a representative of Nireeka !!!. Roy Jackson

Oct 31, 2020

Rommel published Pearlized vs Standard Red
Could folks please post pictures of the Homie or Prime in pearlized red and in standard red? The Nireeka website uses the same picture for both colors, so one can't tell the difference when ordering. Thank you.