Nireeka
Open Shopping Cart
Open user menu

Things to know about the Revenant ebike

I just received my new Revenant and here are a few interesting facts:

1. The has a speed limit of 34.1 mph. The speed cannot be changed. 34 mph is plenty fast but I have a teenage son who wants to ride the bike and I want to lower the speed limit. I don’t want him doing crazy stuff at 34 mph. I can’t change the speed.

2. Mine came with the Bafang DP 18C display. If you want to change the display, you can’t. The connector is a triangular shaped 5-pin plug. All the displays I’ve seen have a 5-pin circular plug. I wanted to switch to the Bafang 860C display to match my other ebike but I can’t do it. I have yet to find a triangular to circular cable conversion.

3. The Bafang hub motor is rated for 1000 watts with 1500 watts peak power. If you watch YouTube videos on the Revenant, you can see the display show 1500 watts peak power. It looks like Nireeka has detuned the hub motor as no matter what mode I’m in, the display never goes above 1000 watts of power. I’m giving up 50% possible climbing power. What gives with that?

I’d like to know why Nireeka locks out the speed and why don’t we get full power from the hub drive. As a test, I ran full throttle down a fairly steep hill and the best I could was 33 mph downhill. On level ground using throttle it’s unlikely it’ll go 30 mph. I feel lied to by Nireeka. Knowing this ahead of time might have stopped me from spending $5K and waiting 3 months for the bike to arrive. The videos show the testers easily using 1500 watts of power and easily hitting 34 mph on level ground.