Nireeka
Open Shopping Cart
Open user menu

Nireeka Revenant impressions after a week

When the bike arrived about two weeks ago, I immediately noticed a scraping sound on the front rotor. I recentered the pads but it kept scraping. I finally noticed that the speed sensor for the ABS module was rubbing the rotor. The sensor is adjusted by washers to pull it back. I finally just added an 1/8” spacer instead of washers and all is well. If you have ordered ABS, check the clearance. I built up enough courage and tried a panic stop on grass using only the front brake…it does work. You can’t lock up the front wheel.

The workmanship on the bike is beautiful. The paint job (blue in my case) has a hint of metallic in it.

I got the carbon fiber seat post and I wish it was a bit longer. I have it maxed out for height but I could have it about 1/2” higher. I have the 19” frame and I’m 5’ 10” tall, 160 lbs.

If you are using just throttle, the power levels in Evo or Sport are the same: 1: 500 watts, 2: 750 watts, 3: 1000 watts, 4: 1250 watts, 5: 1500 watts. Under pedal assist only, the power levels change from Evo to Sport.

The ABS indicator on the handlebars confused me. When you turn on the bike, the ABS light comes on but as soon as you ride, it turns off. I thought something was wrong at first but I guess that’s the way it works. I’m thinking if there is an error while riding the light will come on. When you press the power button on the side, the ABS light turns on, but not the display. The display needs to be turned on separately. But when you turn off the bike with the power button, the display turns off. Also when you charge the battery, the ABS light is always on but not the display.

The bike is so comfortable to ride. I got the cushy seat and it’s easy on the rear end. I’m still experimenting with air pressure in the shocks. They should deflect about 20% on the front and 30% on the rear. I’m currently running 150 psi in both and they feel fine so far. I’m also running street tires instead of the knobby ones. The ride is much smoother and I no longer hear the humming of the tires.

Overall it’s a beautiful bike and I highly recommend it. I have 3 ebikes and 3 non-ebikes and the Revenant is the best. The hub drive doesn’t have as much torque as the mid-drive bikes (1000 watts) each. My mid-drive makes 160 nM torque where hub drive is around 90 nM. Then again the hub drive doesn’t stress the power train.